Our mission is to create a brighter, fairer world. We do this by creating campaigns and content that help not-for-profit organisations drive positive change.
For example, when the Greater Manchester Combined Authority needed to recruit more foster carers across Greater Manchester, they came to Eleven. And when Samaritans wanted to reduce suicides on the railway, they too came to Eleven.
We specialise in working in the following sectors: charity, education, fostering, health and social care and public sector.
We use our deep knowledge of these sectors to get to the heart of issues quickly, combining this with fresh perspectives from other industries to connect with audiences in meaningful ways – raising awareness, changing behaviours and inspiring action.
Our culture is important to us and it is essential that all colleagues reflect our values:
- We're curious about the world around us;
- We’re committed to making the world a better place; and
- We're collaborative problem solvers that support each other to be our best.
About the role
We're looking for a talented Account Director to lead a portfolio of clients within our Client Services team.
You’ll lead your clients’ partnerships with Eleven, really getting under the skin of their organisation and the sector they operate in, taking accountability for the experience they have working with us, and collaborating with our wider teams to ensure we drive results for our clients and the agency alike.
Your clients will include a range of national, regional, and local not-for-profit organisations, like charities, universities, public bodies and more. Projects will span the full range of our services, including strategy, creative, digital and motion.
We’ll be looking to you to lead complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-channel campaigns yourself, as well as providing leadership and oversight of less complex projects managed by others. Your role will also involve managing and mentoring junior team members and helping to allocate opportunities and projects based on expertise and resource.
This role will report to the Head of Client Services.
- Leadership, management and accountability for a portfolio of clients.
- Achieve account team revenue and profit targets.
- Proactively research and understand the needs of your clients, and the sector and landscape they operate in.
- Proactively develop and manage relationships with allocated accounts, in particular with contacts at a senior level, to ensure customer retention.
- Lead account development activities and grow existing client accounts.
- Onboard new clients.
- Allocate opportunities and projects based on account team expertise and resource.
- Interrogate client briefs and ask the right questions to ensure we gather all the information we need to produce compelling proposals.
- Lead the wider team (including marketing strategists and creatives) to develop innovative and effective solutions to customers' marketing challenges.
- Develop compelling written proposals to sell in these solutions.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations to sell in these solutions.
- Develop robust pricing options for these solutions.
- Lead pitches, presentations and customer meetings.
- Lead complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-channel campaigns.
- Provide leadership and oversight of less complex projects managed by others.
- Co-ordinate and manage internal and external resources to deliver customer projects.
- Write briefs for the creative/marketing teams to bring your customers' projects to life.
- Oversee multiple customer projects at once - spanning strategy, creative, digital and motion.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Comply with company systems and processes.
- Support and mentor other members of the Client Services Team
- Line management of at least one team member.
- Consummate client services professional with a passion for solving customers' marketing challenges.
- Highly skilled at building relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strategic thinker with excellent commercial acumen.
- Strong personal accountability and drive - with the ability to manage a busy and varied workload - ensuring quality is never compromised.
- An adept influencer who is comfortable providing constructive challenge and working at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - with the ability to make the complex simple.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Skilled at prioritising tasks and helping others manage their workload.
- Deep understanding of all areas of the marketing mix, so you can talk confidently about our services.
- Comfortable working with new systems and software.
- Solid understanding of the not-for-profit sector (desirable).
- Substantial expertience (7+ years) and a proven track record of successful client management and account development in an agency/marketing environment.
- Experience of managing junior account team mambers, e.g Account Executive or Account Manager.
- Experience of managing not-for-profit clients.
- Experience of using agency management systems like Synergist and HubSpot.
- Competitive salary
(dependent on experience and/ or expertise).
- Hybrid working
(we currently all work together in our studio in Nantwich on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and work remotely the rest of the time).
- Tight-knit and supportive team.
- Inspiring office environment
(based in a lovely converted chapel).
- 25 days holiday
(plus bank holidays) - rising to 30 with length of service.
- Workplace pension.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- Personalised learning and development plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Team socials and events.
- 3 days volunteering leave per year.
- Appointment flexibility
We will review applications as they come in, and invite candidates we're interested in speaking with for a telephone interview. The telephone interview will usually be with one person from Eleven, and they will ask questions about your experience and interest in the role. This is also a good opportunity for you to ask any initial questions.
We'll then shortlist 2-5 candidates for a face to face interview. This interview is usually in person but can be facilitated virtually, if required.
The face to face interview will involve a panel of 2-3 people from Eleven. They will ask questions that give you the opportunity to demonstrate your relevant experience and suitability for the role.
As part of the interview you will deliver a short presentation, which you will have been asked to prepare in advance. There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions.
When all the interviews are complete, all candidates will be updated on the outcome of the process. We’re happy to provide feedback to anyone who has had a telephone or face to face interview.
If you’re Interested in this job, please email your CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com