For example, when the Greater Manchester Combined Authority needed to recruit more foster carers across Greater Manchester, they came to Eleven. And when Samaritans wanted to reduce suicides on the railway, they too came to Eleven.
We specialise in working in the following sectors: charity, education, fostering, health and social care and public sector.
We use our deep knowledge of these sectors to get to the heart of issues quickly, combining this with fresh perspectives from other industries to connect with audiences in meaningful ways – raising awareness, changing behaviours and inspiring action.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced agency strategist (minimum 5 years’ experience) to lead our newly formed strategy team. You might be someone in a senior strategist position looking to take the next step, or someone already in a head of role looking for a fresh challenge.
You’ll also champion the role of strategy across the agency and build a team of skilled strategists to support the delivery of client work.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and manage a small team of strategists.
- Successful delivery of strategic requirements for our clients.
- Smooth running of the strategy department at Eleven.
- Ensure what we produce creatively is ‘on strategy’.
- Build and lead our strategy team.
- Oversee our strategy process from start to finish.
- Design and direct research programmes to uncover the nuances and insights that will move client projects forward.
- Uncover strong insights to inform the strategic direction that will deliver our clients’ objectives.
- Create and direct innovative strategic solutions to clients' complex challenges – spanning positioning, campaign planning and activation.
- Set the direction for client campaigns - and articulate this clearly and simply to all stakeholders.
- Advocate for consistency throughout the activation of our strategy.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams and partners to build and execute on strategic recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Creative team to shape creative expression and execution.
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to ensure that initiatives have appropriate resources for development and are ultimately delivered on time and on budget.
- Ensure rigorous measurement of the effectiveness of our strategy.
- Identify opportunities to deepen our relationships with clients.
- Develop the strategy offer at Eleven, including associated tools and ways of working.
- Inspire and mentor Strategy team members.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Agency.
- Inherently curious - about the world we live in and how people think.
- Analytical thinker - comfortable interpreting data to inform strategic thinking.
- Natural facilitator – adept at leading the room and managing complex stakeholders.
- Incisive thinker – able to instil confidence in clients and across internal teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator - great at making complex simple.
- Confident presenter - a skilled storyteller able to inspire and excite.
- Nimble multi-tasker - able to handle large and complex projects.
- Strong team player – able to get the best out of others.
- Outward looking - with a strong grasp of leading strategy constructs and good knowledge of the best strategy resources and tools.
- Competitive salary
(dependent on experience and/ or expertise).
- Hybrid working
(we currently all work together in our studio in Nantwich on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and work remotely the rest of the time).
- Tight-knit and supportive team.
- Inspiring office environment
(based in a lovely converted chapel).
- 25 days holiday
(plus bank holidays) - rising to 30 with length of service.
- Workplace pension.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- Personalised learning and development plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Team socials and events.
- 3 days volunteering leave per year.
- Appointment flexibility
Upon receiving sufficient applications for the role (or the deadline for applications, whichever is sooner), we will review applications and invite candidates we're interested in speaking with further, for a phone interview. The phone interview will usually be with one person from Eleven, and they will ask questions about your experience and interest in the role. This is a good opportunity to ensure any questions you have are also answered.
After narrowing down candidates from the phone interview stage we will invite a few candidates for a face to face interview. This is usually in person but may be arranged virtually. This interview will be with a few people from Eleven and they will ask questions that give you an opportunity to demonstrate your experience and fit for the role. During this interview they will also ask you to deliver a short presentation, which you will have been able to prepare in advance. There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions too!
Following the completion of all interviews, all candidates will be updated. We are happy to provide feedback to anyone who has had a phone or in person interview.
If you’re Interested in this job, please email your CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com